What Is The Importance Of Calcium In Your Diet?

What Is The Importance Of Calcium In Your Diet?
What Is The Importance Of Calcium In Your Diet?

Calcium is an essential nutrient for the body. It plays an important role in many body functions. It is important that you have adequate calcium in the body to function properly. Calcium is found in many foods including dairy products and green leafy vegetables
Body Composition
Calcium is the mineral most abundant in the body. Approximately 99% of it is stored in bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is in blood tissue and nerve cells.
functions of the body
Calcium is an essential mineral for life. It controls our growth and maintain healthy bones and teeth. By maintaining healthy bones it prevents osteoporosis. It controls reproduction of the human body. It helps the body with blood clotting. It helps muscles and blood vessels contract. Calcium also allows for secretion of hormones. It helps the body survive by doing all these important activities.
food Sources
Calcium is found in many foods including dairy products like milk yogurt and cheese. It can also be found in many green leafy vegetables like spinach broccoli turnip greens kale and mustard greens. It is also found in fish. There are many foods including juice and bread that calcium is added.
recommendations
To maintain a healthy body you should have calcium every day. Calcium requirements are based on your age group. Recommendations are as follows: 0-6 months of age-210 mg / day 12.7 months of age-270 mg / day 1-3 years-500 mg / day 4-8 years-800 mg / day 9-13 age-1300 mg / day 14-18 years men-1300 mg / day 19-50 years men-1 000 mg / day 51 years of age and over men-1 200 mg / day 14 -18 years women-1300 mg / day 19-50 fyears age women-100 mg / day 51 years and over women-1200 mg / day
sample Sources
Here are some common foods that contain calcium.
8 oz glass of milk 300 mg calcium
2 oz of Swiss cheese-530mg calcium
6 oz of yogurt 300 mg calcium
3 oz of almonds-210 mg calcium